Safe, Effective Solutions for Winter Road Management
Harsh North American winters call for the best anti-icing and de-icing solutions to keep roads clear and motorists and pedestrians safe.
In 2018, Tiger Calcium successfully delivered industry-leading winter road management products to 77 municipalities through approximately 60 application partners.
With over 30 years of experience and expertise, Tiger Calcium is North America’s preferred producer and supplier of premium inhibited calcium chloride for use in winter anti-icing and de-icing applications. We delivered more than 15 million litres of anti-icing liquid product to major markets in Western Canada and the northwestern U.S. in 2018 alone.
Snow comes off the street so much betterMike DresselStreet Maintenance – City of Waconia, MN
Fast Facts About Road Guard Plus™
Road Guard Plus™, our industry-leading inhibited calcium chloride product, is safe for vehicles, roads and infrastructure, and the environment. Made in Alberta, it’s used by provincial, county and municipal government agencies throughout Western Canada and the U.S.
Here are just some of the reasons why Tiger Calcium’s Road Guard Plus™ is the preferred solution for high quality winter road management:
- Road Guard Plus™ is the only Canadian-made inhibited calcium chloride product for anti-icing approved for listing by the Pacific Northwest Snowfighters Association (PNS) on its Qualified Product List (QPL).
- The QPL designation means that Road Guard Plus™ is proven as the safest anti-icing product for the environment and also the easiest on roads and other infrastructure, vehicles, people and wildlife.
- It aggressively melts snow and ice down to -45°C, making it much more effective than traditional salt and perfect for harsh North American winters.
- The corrosion inhibited liquid calcium chloride solution is formulated to provide maximum corrosion protection for all anti-icing and de-icing applications.
- Road Guard Plus™ is up to 80-90% less corrosive than sodium chloride.
- The organic-based corrosion inhibitor in Road Guard Plus™, added as 10% of the final formulation, protects vehicles, roads and concrete.
- The organic-based inhibitor package has a bitter taste that does not attract wildlife to roads.
Your Questions Answered
Looking for more in-depth information about winter road management and the safety and effectiveness of Tiger Calcium’s products? We encourage you to check out our frequently asked questions section.
Fast Facts About Clear Guard™ Plus
Clear Guard™ Plus is a corrosion inhibited liquid calcium chloride formula specifically developed to fight ice and snow while being walkway friendly. It aggressively melts snow and ice down to -32° C (-25.6° F) and can be used for both anti-icing and de-icing applications.
- Clear Guard™ Plus quickly makes sidewalks, driveways, steps and brick walkways safe without risk of mess or corrosion.
- Special additives ensure that Clear Guard™ Plus is environmentally safe and that lawn and vegetation growth are unharmed by moderate overspray.
- Clear Guard™ Plus is specially formulated to provide corrosion protection for all your anti-icing and de-icing applications.
- Supply is ensured throughout the season.
- Product is delivered by Tiger Calcium’s dedicated transportation fleet.
- Product is manufactured in Slave Lake, Alberta.
It’s the one product that really can cover all of the areas that most facilities are looking for. It’s the quality that they take in their products - it's unmatched.Matt FriedrichPresident, Green Touch Systems
Learn More About Road Guard Plus™
Road Guard Plus™ is a corrosion inhibited liquid calcium chloride solution developed especially for anti-icing and de-icing pre-wetting applications in moderate to extreme winter conditions.
It has been regularly used as an anti-icing agent on Alberta Transportation projects and has an established performance record on projects including the heavily travelled arteries of the northwest Anthony Henday ring road in Edmonton, Alta. and Deerfoot Trail in Calgary, Alta.
- Road Guard Plus™ is the only product approved by Alberta Transportation as a Proven Proprietary Product for anti-icing and winter road maintenance.
- Road Guard Plus™ is also on the approved anti-icing/de-icing products list of the departments of Infrastructure and Transportation in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
- Calcium chloride brine is not a new anti-icing solution. Since the 1970s, calcium chloride has been in common use throughout North America because of its superior ability to melt snow and ice and its effectiveness in cold winter climates well below the -10°C limit of sodium chloride (rock salt) solutions.
- Road Guard Plus™ is a liquid anti-icing agent containing calcium chloride and a highly effective, organic-based corrosion inhibitor. This organic corrosion inhibitor protects concrete and road infrastructure, equipment and vehicles while delivering the highest quality of winter road management.
- Lab tests show that our proprietary Road Guard Plus™ corrosion inhibitor package is up to 84% less corrosive than traditional rock salt brine. It is also 5.3 times less corrosive than uninhibited magnesium chloride on an effective ice-melt equivalency.
- When used by the City of Edmonton anti-icing pilot since March of 2018, Road Guard Plus™ was applied in small quantities to select arterial roads at select snow events, before the snow fell. Roads treated with the solution stayed bare longer, road surface friction increased and stopping distances were reduced.
- Manufactured in Alberta by Tiger Calcium and delivered by our dedicated transportation fleet, supply of Road Guard Plus™ is ensured throughout the season.