Tiger Calcium is committed to corporate responsibility, environmental safety and the safety of our employees and communities.
As one of North America’s largest producers and suppliers of calcium chloride, Tiger Calcium has fostered and maintained the highest standards of operating excellence for more than 40 years.
Our proactive safety management system provides the foundation for everything we do. We believe that it takes much more than a top-down approach to ensure a safe work environment. At Tiger Calcium, safety is the result of a culture that prioritizes the safest outcomes and a team of hardworking and conscientious employees.
Tiger Calcium is recognized
As a company that works every day to foster partnerships in health and safety and an active member of Energy Safety Canada, Tiger Calcium has earned its annual Certificate of Recognition (COR) for more than a decade. The COR process requires employers to develop and implement a health and safety program that meets provincial standards.
In addition to our dedicated participation in the COR process, Tiger Calcium is also:
- Registered with Workers Compensation Boards in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Northwest Territories
- Federally regulated
- A member of the Alberta Construction Safety Association
We invest in employee safety
Tiger Calcium’s GPS-equipped fleet allows us to improve safety through real-time monitoring of vehicle diagnostics and driver performance. Our transportation department can access exact fleet coordinates and dispatch each driver more efficiently and safely. We also monitor driver behaviour such as braking, acceleration and vehicle speed, in order to protect our team and everyone they share the road with.
We have a professionally trained workforce
Our employees come to work trained and ready to get the job done right. They participate in a number of courses and are required to have training in the following areas:
- Class 1 license with a minimum of five years’ experience
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- First Aid
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S)
- Confined Space for Professional Drivers
- Hours of Service (HOS)
Health and safety Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Calcium Bromide
- Calcium Bromide/Zinc Heavy Brine
- Calcium Chloride
- Calcium Chloride 77% (Flake and Pellet)
- Calcium Chloride/Calcium Nitrate Heavy Brine
- Clear Guard Plus
- Coal Guard
- Formula 35
- Potassium Chloride
- Potassium Formate
- Pure Sodium Chloride
- Sodium Bromide
- Sodium Chloride
- Road Guard Corrosion-Free™
- Road Guard Plus
- Zinc Bromide