Tiger Calcium hasconcrete accelerator/additive
When you add Tiger’s calcium chloride to your concrete mix, you can use less water and still maintain the workability of the concrete. Other benefits of this application include faster setting time, which allows concrete to be usable sooner and cuts down on required labour hours.
Why use Tiger’s calcium chloride in concrete:
- Accelerated concrete curing and protection periods
- Less time required for initial and final setting
- Resistant to sulfate and bleeding
- Increase in strength, water tightness and flexibility
- More resistant to damage caused by freezing and thawing
Get a Quote
Tiger Calcium hasCoal Guard for mining operations
Coal Guard is specially formulated as a freeze-proofing and dust control treatment for mining operations. Its hygroscopic and freeze point depressing nature make Coal Guard the preferred treatment for companies that produce and ship coal and aggregate by rail or truck.
Why use Tiger Calcium’s Coal Guard:
- Safe and economical brine with corrosion inhibitor
- Used 365 days a year—in summer as a dust suppressant and in winter for freeze proofing
- Liquid form is effective for temperatures as low as -35°C (-31°F)
- Will not alter the burning properties of coal
- Reduces the formation of liquid ash
- Available in bulk tanker truck or railcar
How it works:
When applied to the coal surface, the brine helps protect coal from freezing on conveyors, in stockpiles and in transit. This is because calcium chloride has a low freezing point.
For dust control, Coal Guard works better than water as a dust suppressant because of the hygroscopic qualities of calcium chloride. Coal Guard works by attracting ambient moisture that binds the fine particles of coal preventing them from becoming airborne. The result is the most effective coal dust suppressant available.
Get a Quote
Tiger Calcium hasliquid tire ballasts and tire weighting
If you’re in an industry that uses heavy duty vehicles or large equipment, you need tire weighting. Tiger’s calcium chloride can be added to tires as a ballast to give the extra mass needed to increase traction on loose surfaces. Tiger Calcium also adds a corrosion inhibitor to our tire weighting formula which decreases wear on tires.
Get a Quote
Tiger Calcium brinesas a refrigerant
Calcium chloride makes an excellent refrigeration brine with its very low freeze point of -50°C (-60°F). The brine is circulated in a closed system, absorbing heat from the surrounding environment and transferring it to a heat exchanger where it is then removed. Using calcium chloride brines increases the efficiency of refrigeration plants because of its extremely low freezing point. It remains liquid at very cold temperatures, allowing it to absorb more heat with less brine, less piping and smaller pumps, all which result in reduced pumping costs.